Friends of Heublein Tower, Inc., a non-profit preservation society, was established in 1984, for the purpose of restoring for public use the state-owned Heublein Tower landmark to its original and authentic 1914 splendor.
By providing time, talent and financial assistance, the Friends of Heublein Tower supplements the state of Connecticut’s efforts in restoring, improving and interpreting the Heublein Tower and its surrounding grounds. The restored Tower serves as a museum and a place of learning for the educational benefit of the public.
Ballroom Floor recent restoration activities in 2008 include the installation of a white oak parquet floor in the observation room (known as the ballroom in Gilbert Heublein’s day) designed in the same pattern as the original. The Friends have also re-created the copper-covered canopy lights on the stone piers leading from the driveway into the main entrance to the Tower.
Frank Burnham, Steve Reed, Kent Robbins, Dawn Ayers (Secretary), William Case, Carol Burnham,
Janet Carville, John Reynolds, Jay Willerup (Co-President), Kathryn Hoidge (Co-President),
Otto Ruppert (Treasurer), Barbara Ruppert, Garrett Reynolds
Not Pictured: Rick Willard